November is National Diabetes Awareness month. Mamavation is in the fight and will be having a Fit2Fight Type2 Diabetes Twitter Party on 16 November where the grand prize winner will be awarded and elliptical trainer. Type2 diabetes affects over 28.5 million adults and children in the US alone. Please join us this month with this campaign. Begin with your participation in this week’s Blogging Carnival and come to our show on Monday for our special guest who will talk about nutrition and how to prevent this disease.
Mark Macdonald has been a pioneer in the nutrition and fitness industry for over 20 years. He is the creator and CEO of Venice Nutrition, and author of the NY Times Best Selling Book, Body Confidence.
He opened the first Venice Nutrition Consulting Center in Venice Beach, California, in 1998. Since then, the company has grown to include more than 350 centers, 4,000 nutrition coaches, and 250,000 clients nationwide.
Mark’s big lesson in nutrition came when he finished college and stopped playing soccer. Despite the lack of activity, Mark continued to eat the food he was used to: fast food, pizza, and ice cream. He realized that without constant exercise, his body became a fat storing machine and before he knew it, he had gained 60 pounds of body fat in a 6 month period.
Over a four year period Mark read every fitness magazine, every nutrition book, and tried nearly every natural supplement on the market. He recalls, “I kept searching for answers because while I looked great, I felt horrible. I lived for my ‘cheat days’ and was grumpy six days a week and happy the one day each week that I ate carbohydrates. It was not the life I wanted, and I worked hard to find a better way.”
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Better’n Eggs. One blogging carnival participant will receive a $100 VISA gift card. To be eligible answer the following blogging carnival question in your weekly Mamavation blog post and mention Better’n Eggs with a link back to their site. Link up your post here.
How has Type II diabetes affected your life?
Also be sure to declare you disclosure with “This post is sponsored by Better’n Eggs and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women“” at the bottom of your post.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- $100 VISA gift card (1 winner)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. This week sponsored by @betterneggs. Join us! http://bit.ly/sqSLtY” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (1 entry for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @Gruntstyle on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow@InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow @betterneggs on Twitter (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!
STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY