Gluten intolerance – also known as Celiac Disease – is believed to affect roughly 15% of the US population. How do you know if you are gluten intolerant? What are the warning signs and what can you do about it?
These questions show up on Twitter every couple weeks and the answers are hard to find. The fact is that some people can go on for years not realizing their gluten sensitivity. The reason why it can be confusing is because wide range of symptoms of gluten intolerance can be mistaken for so many other things.
A few months ago, our own Alysa (@inspiredRD
) was diagnosed with gluten intolerance and she was looking for answers. That is why she is the perfect guest for this week’s Mamavation TV show – Gluten Intolerance 101.
Special Guest: Alysa Bajenaru, RD (@InspiredRD)
Alysa Bajenaru, RD earned her Nutritional Sciences Degree from the University of Oklahoma. After working as a clinical dietitian she transitioned to focus more on the wellness aspect of nutrition and fitness. She earned a personal training certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine and later a group fitness certification through the American Council on Exercise. Alysa joined us in the sixth Mamavation campaign and we are thrilled to have her return with her guidance and out-of-the-box approach to make balanced nutrition an inspiring experience. You can see her beautiful recipes and take on a balanced lifestyle at Inspired RD
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Budhi Skin Care.
The philosophy of Budhi Skincare is embodied in its name: Budhi is the Sanskrit word for intellect. We want kids to use their heads, to make responsible choices for the health of their body and to take a deeper look beyond the surface of skin. Our goal is to help restore their confidence in the knowledge that they are not alone in their struggle to manage their skin issues. Budhi Skincare products are free of chemicals, such as: parabens, sodium laurel/laureth sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, dyes and irritating essential oils such as lavender, citrus and peppermint. Why? Because your skin is the largest organ of your body and what you put on your body can be absorbed into your body. Two blogging carnival participants will each receive a Skincare and body package. To be eligible answer the following blogging carnival question in your weekly Mamavation blog post and mention Budhi Skin Care
with a link back to their site.
What do you find most challenging in skin care?
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here
for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over Twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- 2 skincare and body packages from Budhi Skin Care (1 winners)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. This week sponsored by @budhiskincare. Join us! http://bit.ly/x1OWci”(Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (2 entries for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow@BudhiSkincare (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)
- Vote for Mamavation for Best Health Blog on Healthline.com (1 entry each vote)
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!
STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY