DIY Baked Chicken Strips
Hey guys! It’s time once again for Healthy Food Friday! My kids love chicken fingers, but the store bought frozen ones are full of preservatives, and the fast food ones are fried. So today I’m sharing with you my recipe for do-it-yourself baked chicken strips:
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour (or whole grain corn flour)
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 fresh boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 450 F and spray baking sheet with cooking spray, or EVOO in a mister.
- In a bowl whisk milk and egg whites.
- In another bowl combine corn meal, flour, italian seasoning, garlic powder, ground mustard, cumin and pepper.
- Season chicken with sea salt and cut into strips.
- For the crunchy coating, cover chicken strip in dry coating, then dip both sides into egg mix. Allow excess egg mix to drip off and then place chicken strip back into dry coating. Shake off excess coating and place on the baking sheet. Repeat for all chicken strips until all are coated.
- Spray tops of chicken strips with cooking spray, then bake in oven until golden brown (appx. 15 min).
Now it’s you turn! Please link up your healthy recipes below:
Submitted by Janice (@fitcheerldr) from Fitness Cheerleader. Mama of 3 gals, runner, and Kinesiologist.