Probably the most complicated part of healthy cooking is that it is time consuming – and we are always busy and always on the run. Few days ago I was running late – at 7 pm I was on the way home with kids strapped in their car seats and I knew I had nothing to eat at home. At that point drive though seemed like a perfect option, but I felt the gult of poisoning my kids with trans fats and hydrogenated oils. Unfortunately, we live in a society that never has enough hours in a day. We have so much to do and so little time to get it done – that’s why fast food industry has done so well loading us with fattening, unhealthy, processed meals. No reason to argue – home cooked meals taste better, but honestly, who has the time?
Have you ever considered cooking and freezing? I have, but I always felt that it is too complicated. However, here are few good reasons to give this idea a try:
- Save time: cooking multiple meals at the same time will save you time on the long run.
- Save money: If you only shop for the items on the list, you won’t have the time or money to buy extra food you don’t need
- Save space: Cooking in bulk will help organizing kitchen space
- Portion control: When you prepare your meals ahead of time, you can portion control your cooking. If you only have so much food to begin with, you can’t get more.
“I love the Lord and am so blessed to be able to stay home with my little one, to be learning how to save money, trying to make the most out of life, and doing the “chores” once a month so I can enjoy more time with my family!”
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Handi-Foil.
Two blogging carnival participants will each receive a set of disposable freezer containers by Handi-Foil. To be eligible answer put the following disclaimer in your weekly Mamavation blog post and link back to Mamavation site.
“This post is sponsored by Handi-Foil and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway” at the bottom of your post. Link up your post here.
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- A set of Freezer containers by Handi-Foil Company (2 winner)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV Join us 4 cooking chat w @onceamonthmom. This week sponsored by @HandiFoil. Join us! http://bit.ly/HhyXVe” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (2 entries for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)
- Fan Eco-Foil on Facebook (1 entry)
- Fan Once a Month Mom on Facebook (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!
STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY