We all have a right to know what is in the food we purchase and eat everyday. There are nutritional labels for calories, fat, and preservatives already. Why don’t we lablel whether a food is genetically modified (GMO) or not?
I think its very important for those of us who feel labeling is important to let others know in social media. Social media is a place where ideas can grow like wildfire. This is also a place where social good takes precedence and the people are in control.
Would you like to support the CARighttoKnow campaign till the election in November 6th? If you would, I would urge you to download the CARighttoKnow Twibbon. Supporting this twibbon will demonstrate how times need to change.
I have 10 reasons for you why you should download this twibbon:
1. Because we all have a right to know
2. Because there hasn’t been any independent studies in the US to prove GMOs are safe
3. Because over 50 countries, including China and all of Europe have them labeled
4. Because animal studies in other countries have pointed to GMOs having some major health consequences including cancer, obesity, organ failure, allergies, & infertility…yikes!
5. Because this law doesn’t outlaw them, it just labels them. We want to all be able to make more educated decisions about what we feed our families.
6. Because your actions online could influence California voters. And what happens in California WILL affect your local grocery store. (We are the 8th largest economy in the world.)
7. Because your state may be next after influenced by California.
8. Because I’m doing a kickass giveaway for you in case you decide you DO want this twibbon.
9. $500 (one winner out of my own pocketbook)
10.$100 (three winners out of my own pocketbook)
If you would like to be part of this challenge, please download THIS TWIBBON and keep it on your account til after the Nov. 6th election.
How to Enter (please comment for each entry):
1. Download the CARighttoKnow Twibbon (mandatory entry)
2. Tweet this message (one entry each, max 30 entries)
Download the @CARighttoknow Twibbon & support #LabelGMOs in California AND win $800 from @Mamavation, http://bit.ly/RBi0Zw #yeson37
3. Share this on Facebook (one entry)
4. Share this on Google+ (one entry)
5. Share this on StumbleUpon (one entry)
6. Like Mamavation on Facebook (one entry)
7. Like CARIghttoKnow on Facebook (one entry)
8. Subscribe to Bookieboo’s YouTube Channel (one entry)
This challenge will end on November 7th. Within on week the results will be announced on twitter. Random.org will be used to draw winners.
Disclaimer: I’m not being paid by CARighttoknow. I simply believe in what they are trying to do and have decided I’m going to use all my resources to do so. All my thoughts are my own.
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!
STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY