Welcome to the month of November, the month of comfort food, family gathering, and shopping. This might the happiest time of the year, because we get to spend precious time at the dinner table, but that also comes with calories, fats, and extra pounds.
Did you know that an average person gains 7-10 pounds between the months of November and December. We get enough pressure from people around us telling what we need to avoid, and how we only need to only eat when we are hungry at this time of year. Many experts also say “Just walk away from the food”, or “Stick to eating low calorie foods”. Well, if there a secret to NOT gaining these hated holiday pounds, I want to know it. Don’t you?
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Bengay.
BENGAY® ZERO DEGREES™ is a Menthol Pain Relieving Gel with PRO-COOL™ technology.
- Blasts away pain
- Medicated pain relief
- Lasts for hours
- Instant icy-cold sensation
- Vanishing scent
- May be stored in the freezer
- Ideal for muscle and joint strain or sprain pain relief
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped).
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. Let’s talk nutrition during holidays with @InspiredRD! http://bit.ly/TxnIRw” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (2 entries for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow[email protected] on Twitter (1 entry)
- Check out the full line of products by Bengay (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!
STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY