Last time we tried talking about menopause, technology wasn’t on our side; but we felt that it is very important for us to learn early symptoms of menopause and what to do about it. Our community members are in different stages of their lives. We really hope that the information from our guest will give you something to think about.
We don’t usually talk about menopause with our friends, and that is why many of us get very confused or frustrated when suddenly facing pre-menopausal symptoms. You’d be surprised to learn that some women experience pre-menopausal symptoms as early as 35. That’s right, you might have kids in diapers and have to deal with pre-menopausal issues. This week’s Mamavation TV show is about education and learning what we need to know now before menopause knocks on our doors.
Special Guest: Kelley A. Connors, MPH, Founder of Real Women on Health
Kelley is the founder of Real Women on Health, an on-line community and radio show that educates, empowers and engages women so they can take more charge of their health and wellbeing. From heart health to sexuality, and surviving with cancer, Kelley brings passion and expertise to the topics she shares with her Real Women on Health audience and her advocacy partners.
Kelley also contributes her expertise and passion for women’s health and wellness to some of the most recognizable global organizations. As a member of the American Heart Association’s Westchester/Fairfield County GO RED Leadership Team, Kelley brings her advocacy-to-action to raise awareness and raise funds to improve education and awareness of heart disease as a woman’s issue. Kelley is also a member of the American Cancer Society’s Blogger Advisory Council, helping to draw attention to the most important cancer-related issues facing women.
She is a competitive rower and a yoga enthusiast, living in Connecticut with her husband and dog Lucy.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Schick Intuition. 2 blogging carnivals participants will each receive Dole Nutrition Handbook.
The Dole Nutrition Handbook comprises the best handpicked information from the Dole Nutrition Institute, the research and education organization founded by David H. Murdock, Chairman of Dole Food Company. This book will teach you:
- Everything you need to know about the vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals that support optimum health.
- Top superfoods with the highest nutrient density and off-the-charts antioxidant power.
- The Dole Diet: a complete two-week meal plan that curbs cravings with total nutrition through filling fruit and vegetables.
- Dietary and lifestyle tips for your heart, brain, skin, bones, joints and more. Total body health- from head to toe
Be sure to include the following disclosure “This post is sponsored by Dole and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway” at the bottom of your post. Link up your post here.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped).
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- Dole Nutrition Handbook (2 winners)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. Join menopause talk w Kelly @RealWomenHealth! This week sponsored by @DoleNutrition http://bit.ly/UwqwuC” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (2 entries for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow[email protected] on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like Real Women on Health on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow @DoleNutrition on Twitter (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)